Oct 2019 - Sept 2020 | Vivy GmbH
Senior Backend Developer
- Backend application development in Java 11+ with Spring including additional development in Go and JS.
- Maintaining and deploying services within AWS in an event-based event-sourced, micro-service architecture.
- Utilizing Jenkins and GitHub Actions along with AWS CloudFormation to deploy services with IaC
- Designed and developed a multi-step stateless signup process utilizing JSON Web Tokens.
- Part of a team designing authentication scheme for a customer portal using OAuth and OpenID.
- Creation of technical documentation include data flow and risk assessments for data authority compliance.
- Involved with organizing and running internal events and team building exercises such as game nights and quiz nights.
Dec 2014 - Sep 2019 | dunnhumby Germany (Prev. Sociomantic Labs GmbH)
Software Developer -> Senior Software Developer -> Team Lead
- Designed, developed and maintained several high-traffic backend applications in an event-based microservice architecture with distributed message queues, hash tables and log store.
- Strong focus on performance, reliability and memory management using single-threaded concurrency with async I/O in the D programming language with the open sourced github.com/sociomantic-tsunami libraries.
- Involved in all aspects of software development cycle utilizing tools including version control and code-review (Git/GitHub), monitoring (Grafana), containerization (Docker) and continuous integration (Jenkins).
- Lead a small team of developers responsible for a subsection of backend architecture and involved with onboarding, mentoring and social activities.
Jan 2012 - May - 2014 | Immersive Technologies
- Working as part of an agile software department of ~60 developers to provide 5 major releases of realistic training simulations for mining machines.
- Primary development in C++ and additional development in C# with involvement in automated and manual testing utilizing.
- Part of project management including project planning and issue management with the use of Jira and Scrum.
Feb 2009 - Dec 2011 | Murdoch University - Western Australia
Bachelor of Science (Computer Science / Games Technology Double Major)
- Studied core software development principles including data structures and abstraction, programming paradigms, algorithms and architecture and developing in multiple languages.
- Vice Chancellor's Commendation (2009 and 2010), School of Information Technology Communication Prize – Semester 2 (2011) and WA Industry Selected Games Design and Programming Nomination (2010)